If wax sachets or double boiling aren’t your thing but you’d still like something flame-, electricity-, or battery- free to release scents into your space, aroma stones are your next best bet 😍
What you’ll need:
- Silicone Mold 👉 We used this super cute animal with heart mold!
- Plaster of Paris
- Essential Oils 👉 We have a variety here that you can choose from!
- Mix two parts of Plaster of Paris with one part of water. Make sure to pour the powder into the water and not the other way around because the powder is light and will definitely fly up!
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into your silicone mold.
- Set it aside to harden for a few hours. It will be best to leave it for a day just to be sure!
- Carefully pop out the aroma stones. You can drip as much essential oil (or fragrance oil) on it as you’d like, and as often as you prefer to too.
- Be gentle when handling your aroma stone. Plaster of Paris is sturdy, but when dropped at a certain height, it will break!
- Some essential oils and fragrance oils are dark in color, which may affect the color of the aroma stone.
- You can color your aroma stone using acrylic paint. After mixing the Plaster of Paris powder with water, add in some acrylic paint (4 drops for each 100g) and mix until the color spreads evenly. Be careful not to add too much or it will compromise the stability and hardening ability of the Plaster of Paris!
Learn more about essential oils here!
Three Differences between Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils
Giving Your Essential Oils a Longer Shelf Life
How to Make Your Own Essential Oil Blend
Top 6 Essential Oils for a Mood Boost
Top 6 Essential Oils for Haze Season + Quick and Easy Herbal Roll-On DIY
How Essential Oils Can Help Calm Stress (+ our favourites for reducing stress and anxiety)
Using Essential Oils as Natural Bug Repellents