Certified organic to the COSMOS standard, Stephenson personal Care’s Crystal OMP (Organic Melt and Pour) Soap Base is perfect for those looking for an option that has lesser chemicals. This melt & pour soap is vegetable-derived and contains no unapproved MPG or synthetic surfactants. It’s natural brown colour comes from the organic oils and sugar used in it’s formulation.
What You’ll Need
- Stephenson Personal Care’s Crystal OMP Soap Base
- 100% Calendula Oil (optional; any other carrier oil is fine too)
Some Known Benefits 👉 has powerful antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties; also helps promote healing and moisturizes skin while nourishing it
- Refined Glycerin USP 99.5%
Some known benefits 👉 maintains water balance in skin; assists in the healing process of skin while also protecting it; makes skin soft and supple.
- Green Tea Powder
Some known benefits 👉 a natural antiseptic; helps to restore the skin’s delicate pH balance; contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that reduces skin damage and signs of aging; helps maintain collagen levels for youthful skin structure and firmness
- 100% Pure Chamomile Essential Oil
Some known benefits 👉 soothes irritated skin; brightens skin tone; refreshes skin and promotes skin health; relieves stress
- Silicone Mold 👉 We used this koi fish one which makes approx 40g of soap each!
- Double Boiler
- 1ml Measuring Spoon
- Cut the soap base into small pieces and melt it in a double boiler.
*Note: If you’re using the same mold as us, you’ll need 240g of soap base for 6 koi fishes.
- While the soap base is melting, create a slurry with 1ml of Refined Glycerin USP 99.5% and 1 ml of Green Tea Powder.
- Turn off heat once the soap base has completely melted. Add up to 1ml of 100% Calendula Oil, 10 drops of Chamomile Essential Oil and the Green Tea+Glycerin Slurry from Step 2 into the melted soap base. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold.
*Note: You can use Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle to pop surface bubbles in the melted soap base.
- Set aside for 4-6 hours so that it can fully harden. You can use the soap immediately after!
Want to know more about making your own soaps at home? Check out these posts of ours!
For Melt & Pour Soap
👉 Commercial Soaps VS Melt & Pour Soaps
👉 Melting Soap Bases – Which Method to Use?
👉 Why you shouldn’t add breast milk (or any fresh ingredient) to Melt and Pour Soap Bases
👉 Four Butters You Can Add to Your Melt & Pour Soap
👉 Soap Sweat and How to Fix It
👉 Guide for Adding Honey to Melt and Pour Soap
👉 Why You Should Use Honey Soap Base for Super Easy and Beneficial Honey Soaps
Some Recipes for Melt & Pour Soap
👉 DIY Melt and Pour Anti-Acne African Black Body Soap
👉 DIY Cool Peppermint Aloe Vera Soap
👉 Make Shower Time Great Again with Jelly Soap
👉 DIY Soothing, Nourishing and Moisturizing Solid Shampoo Bar for Hair Growth