One of the most popular essential oils in aromatherapy, Lavender Essential Oil is known for it’s ability to promote relaxation. In addition to it’s anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, it’s also said to be detoxifying, and has the ability to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle and pain.
So yes, it’s a definite that we’d incorporate it into our DIY lotion!
What you’ll need:
- Craftiviti’s CP Lotion Maker
- Distilled Water
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- (Optional) Preservative 👉 We used Liquid Germall Plus here, but you can opt for Ecocert Preservative – Tea Tree Oil Extract!
- Container 👉 We used this Amber Glass Jar (50g)
- Measuring Spoon
Instructions (for approx 50g of lotion)
- In a beaker, measure 50ml of distilled water.
- Add in 2ml of Craftiviti’s CP Lotion Maker.
- Stir until they blend and the texture thickens into a creamy consistency.
- Add in 5ml of Jojoba Oil and up to 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil. Stir until blended evenly.
- (Optional) Add in one drop of Liquid Germall Plus or Ecocert Preservative – Tea Tree Oil Extract. This will extend the shelf life of the lotion to 6 days. Without it, the lotion will only last for 3 days in the fridge.
- Scoop the lotion into your choice of container. It’s now ready to be used!
Looking for something similar? Check out these posts!
👉 Easy DIY Skin Healing Balm
👉 DIY Soothing and Moisturizing Lavender Lotion
👉 Choosing the Right Carrier Oil for DIY Personal Care