Chapped lips aren’t a pretty sight, especially when the skin is peeling and there’s blood (ouch!). So, aside from drinking lots of water (don’t over-drink, though. Water poisoning isn’t pretty either), you give your lips a hand in the moisturizing department by applying lip balm 😍
Pssst, we’ve a printable recipe card for this one too, so grab it from down below!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp of Beeswax 👉 We used Natural Refined Beeswax Pastille (USA) here!
- 1 tbsp of Refine Shea Butter
- 1 tbsp of Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp of Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp of Pomace Olive Oil
- 2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil by Yein & Young
- 5 drops of Mixed Berries Lip Balm Flavor
- (Optional) Craftiviti’s Lip Liquid – Red 👉 You can choose among various shades of red, but our go-to is Red 21.
- Glass Pipette
- Metal Scoop/Glass Beaker
- Cooking Pan/Pot
- Glass Stirrer
- 5 Lip Balm Tubes (5ml each)
- Kitchen Scale
- Add 2 tbsp of Natural Refined Beeswax Pastille and 1 tbsp of Refined Shea Butter in the metal scoop/glass beaker.
- Place the metal scoop/glass beaker over a pan of water on a stove, and melt the contents. Stir occasionally to make sure the contents melt evenly.
- Once melted, add 1 tbsp of Sweet Almond Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, and Pomace Olive Oil. Stir until it’s evenly blended.
- Remove the metal scoop/glass beaker from the pan.
- Add 5 drops of Mixed Berries Lip Balm Flavor, and 2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. Stir to blend.
- (Optional) Add in up to 5 drops of lip liquid to give your lip balms a light tint! Stir to blend again.
- Pour mixture into lip balm tubes. Set it aside for it to harden and cool before capping the lip balms.
*Note: Make sure that your lip balm containers are screwed all the way down before pouring your mixture in, or you’ll end up with short lip balms!
Want more? Check out these posts!
👉 Four Butters You Can Add to Your Melt & Pour Soap
👉 How to Fix Grainy Butters & Balms
👉 Easy DIY Skin Healing Balm
👉 DIY Scrub and Polish for Luscious Lips
👉 Choosing the Right Carrier Oil for DIY Personal Care