After being in the artsy and crafty business for a few years, we noticed one thing that’s always in trend when the month of giving is near, and that is…bath bombs! So without further ado, here’s our go-to recipe for some uplifting and relaxing Sweet Orange Rose Bath Bombs.
Pssst, we’ve a printable recipe card for this one too, so grab it from down below!
What You’ll Need:
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Citric Acid
- Epsom Salt
- Pink Scrubbing Salt
- Jojoba Oil
- Calendula Oil
- Rose Water
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Clear Round Plastic Bubble Mold – 6cm each
- Big Mixing Bowl
- Gloves (wear them when mixing the ingredients!)
- Digital Scale
- Spray Bottle (for spritzing rose water in case the bath bomb mixture isn’t wet enough)
- In a big mixing bowl, add 230g of Sodium Bicarbonate, 115g of Citric Acid, 60g of Epsom Salt and 55g of Pink Scrubbing Salt.
- Wear gloves and mix the dry ingredients with your hands. Make sure that there are no clumps.
- In a beaker, add 10g of Jojoba Oil, 8g of Calendula Oil, 15g of Rose Water and 20 drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil.
*Note: Don’t worry about the oil-water separation in the beaker. It will come together with the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly each time the wet ingredients are added.
- Check the texture of your bath bomb mixture. Squeeze a handful and if it doesn’t hold its shape, spritz with Rose Water and mix with each spray. The texture should be similar to wet sand.
- Fill two halves of the clear round plastic bubble mold and gently close it.
- Leave aside for a day so that it can harden completely before removing from mold.
a) It’s best to keep bath bombs in an air-tight container so that the oils won’t go rancid fast and the fizziness doesn’t decrease.
b) These bath bombs are made of natural ingredients and has no additional foaming agents, so it wont bubble as much as other bath bombs that have foaming agents.
Learn more about essential oils here!
👉 Three Differences between Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils
👉 Giving Your Essential Oils a Longer Shelf Life
👉 How to Make Your Own Essential Oil Blend
👉 Top 6 Essential Oils for a Mood Boost
👉 Top 6 Essential Oils for Haze Season + Quick and Easy Herbal Roll-On DIY
👉 Do Essential Oils Help Kill Viruses?
👉 How Essential Oils Can Help Calm Stress (+ our favourites for reducing stress and anxiety)
👉 Using Essential Oils as Natural Bug Repellents