We’ve gotten some requests for a palm wax candle recipe so here it is! 😊
Pssst, we’ve a printable recipe card for this one too, so grab it from down below!
What You’ll Need:
- Palm Wax
- Candle Dye – Red (or any other color is fine!)
- HTP-105 Wick
- Yein & Young Rose Essential Oil
- Candle Jar with a diameter of 5-6cm 👉 like this jar here
- Stainless Steel Wax Melting Pot (or, you can use a glass beaker)
- Glue Dot
- Bow Tie Clip
- Glass Stirrer 👉 or you can use a popsicle stick
- Kitchen Scale
- To calculate the amount of palm wax needed for your container:
Volume of Container x 0.80 = Palm Wax (grams)
For example: 100ml jar x 0.80 = 80g palm wax
- Melt the wax in a stainless steel wax melting pot/glass beaker over a pan filled with water (double boiler method). Stir occasionally to ensure even melting.
- Dry the container and attach a HTP-105 wick to the center of the container’s bottom using a glue dot.
- Attach the end of the wick to the bow tie clip to keep the wick straight and upright.
- Once the wax has melted, add in a few drops of candle dye (feel free to adjust the color intensity to your liking).
*Note: When hardened, palm wax will have this natural frosted effect too it. Since it’s naturally white, it will take on a pretty soft pastel tone when dye is added too.
- Remove the pot from stove and add in 8% of Rose Essential Oil to the weight of palm wax. Stir to blend.
For example: 8% of 100g palm wax = 8ml essential oil)
- Gently pour the melted wax into the container.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 48 hours before removing the bow tie clip and cutting the wick.
Check our more related posts here:
General Candle Making Info
👉 Candle Making – Soy Wax VS Palm Wax
👉 What are Floral Waxes?
👉 9 Common Candle Making Mistakes and How to Avoid or Fix Them
👉 Cure in Candle Making VS Cure in Soap Making
👉 Your Ultimate Candle Wick Guide
👉 Types of Wicks and Which to Use for Candle Making
👉 What does flashpoint in fragrance oils mean?
👉 4 Common Candle Myths Debunked
👉 Your Ultimate Scent Category Guide to Craftiviti’s Fragrance Oils
On Natural Wax Candles (Soy Candle, Palm Candle)
👉 DIY Lemongrass Soy Wax Candle
👉 Get to Know: Craftiviti’s Candle Additive for Soy Wax Candles
👉 DIY Pillar Candle Using Creamy Palm Wax
On Wax Melts and Wax Sachets
👉 DIY Mini Lavender, Rose and Lemon Hearts Wax Melts
👉 DIY Strawberry Honey Soy Wax Melts in 4 Steps
👉 DIY Aromatherapeutic Wax Sachet
👉 Turning Broken Wax Sachets into New Candles!