We’ve recently brought in a new palm wax called the Creamy Palm Wax because of how smooth and shiny it turns out (as opposed to the gorgeous crystalizing effect of normal palm wax). This post here is to share with you how you can easily make your own pillar candles using our new wax 🙌
What You’ll Need
80g of Creamy Palm Wax
Acrylic Round Pillar Candle Mold with Metal Wick Guide – 7cm
8ml of Fragrance Oil or Candle Scent
0.1-0.5g of Concentrated Candle Dye (optional)
LX-18 Candle Wick
Thermometer (you can use a glass red line thermometer for this!)
Glass Beaker (500ml) (or anything heat/microwave-proof to melt the wax in)
Watch the us make this candle here (written instructions down below!) 👇
- Using a digital scale, weigh 80g of Creamy Palm Wax in a 500ml Glass beaker.
- Melt the wax using the double boiler method. Stir occasionally to ensure even melting.
- In the meanwhile, cover the hole at the bottom of the Acrylic Round Pillar Candle Mold (which would the the tip of the candle) with some Blutack or Tack-It. This is to prevent the candle from leaking out.
- Once the wax has melted, remove from heat and stir to lower the temperature down.
- At 65°C, blend 8ml of your choice of fragrance oil or candle scents (and your optional candle dye) with the melted wax. Continue stirring until the temperature is lowered to 60°C before pouring the candle into the Acrylic Round Pillar Candle Mold.
- Set aside for a few hours to cool and harden before removing the candle from the mold.
- Gentle pull out the metal wick guide and insert the candle wick. Trim the wick 1cm above the candle tip, or if you’d like to curl it like how we did, snip off most of the wick and curl the remainder using the metal wick guide.
- Your candle is now ready!
Check our more related posts here:
General Candle Making Info
👉 Candle Making – Soy Wax VS Palm Wax
👉 What are Floral Waxes?
👉 9 Common Candle Making Mistakes and How to Avoid or Fix Them
👉 Cure in Candle Making VS Cure in Soap Making
👉 Your Ultimate Candle Wick Guide
👉 Types of Wicks and Which to Use for Candle Making
👉 What does flashpoint in fragrance oils mean?
👉 4 Common Candle Myths Debunked
👉 Your Ultimate Scent Category Guide to Craftiviti’s Fragrance Oils
On Natural Wax Candles (Soy Candle, Palm Candle)
👉 DIY Lemongrass Soy Wax Candle
👉 Get to Know: Craftiviti’s Candle Additive for Soy Wax Candles
👉 Romantic Rose Palm Wax Candle DIY
On Wax Melts and Wax Sachets
👉 DIY Mini Lavender, Rose and Lemon Hearts Wax Melts
👉 DIY Strawberry Honey Soy Wax Melts in 4 Steps
👉 DIY Aromatherapeutic Wax Sachet
👉 Turning Broken Wax Sachets into New Candles!